Thursday 27 June 2013

Kestrel, a 19-footer





My first launch at Lake Ngaroto to check for leaks and integrity of the hull.

In 1997 we were staying at our first house at Hamilton East. We moved after my son, Kevin finished his studies at the Waikato U.


 I was using a Mercedes to tow my first boat in NZ. It had lots of power; better than the Honda Accord!




Then I was using a Volvo to tow the Kestrel.


Then I bought a new house, new boat and a 4x4 to tow the 22-footer! I decided to go overboard and spent all my money because Eugene, my youngest son completed his studies at Canterbury U. I am on super and it is time to relax and smell the flowers.

There were quite a few flowers in my own garden in NZ because Christine's hobby is gardening. :) (Please click on this link to go to another blog to see all our flowers.). My hobby is not photography; but I needed plenty of photos for illustrations on my 58 blogs! To date I have taken some 60,000 digital photos. They are so easy to add to blogs. The Kodak prints have to be scanned, saved to computer HD and then uploaded to the blogs. One hobby leading to another; all required photos to make my blogs more interesting for my followers.

Digital cameras are great for taking photos for my blogs. However they do not last very long. These are my cameras. I bought 2 Nikon's when they were on sale at Harvey Norman last Christmas ($60 each). Yes, there is a third camera which I used for taking this photo of the Nikon's.




Sony

Sony Cybershot


This Cybershot worked hard for me for 3 years and has been a very easy camera to use. I reluctantly changed to Nikon. There were rumours that the new iphone would be able to take better photos than [point and shoot] cameras. Harvey Norman got rid of all their cheap cameras by holding a sale.









I received the first Sony Cyber Shot as a Christmas gift from my 3 children. It stopped working suddenly one day. Then I bought another one similar at $200 less and better than the first one! When it conked, I bought the bottom one, my 3rd digital camera. It has a [macro] button which became very useful when taking close-ups of flowers:
Macro for a close-up

No comments:

Post a Comment